What are my meal plan options? +
Where do I buy or change a Meal Plan? +
Do I have to have a meal plan while living on campus? +
For 2018-2019 Northern Michigan University requires those students living in residence halls to be on one of the meal plans: Platinum or Gold (unlimited meal per week), Silver (14 meals per week,) or Bronze (10 meals per week.) Freshmen students must participate in the Platinum or Gold plan. Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors may select the Platinum or Gold plan, or one of the other plans. Spooner Hall residents may also choose the Spooner Hall meal plan.If you have questions please contact NMU Dining’s Registered Dietician at 906-227-6624 or email DiningRD@nmu.edu.
If you have further questions about your Room and Board Contract please contact Housing and Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 906-227-2620.
For meal plan details and rates visit the Wildcat Express Center.
Students living in the on campus apartments are not required to have any meal plan but if they would like one they can choose from all the residential meal plans and the DINE NMU plans that we offer. More information is available on the Wildcat Express Center page.
Who can I talk to about my diet and food choices at dining locations? +
Who can I talk to about the food options available at my dining locations and my food quality? +
How does an all you care to eat meal plan work? +
How do I add CatCa$h to my Wildcat Express Card? +
How is CatCa$h different from Dining Dollars? +
Dining Dollars expires at the end of the winter semester while CatCa$h never expires. Both are accepted at the following locations: Fieras, Cat Trax Convenience Store, Northern Lights Dining, the Wildcat Den, Starbucks, Smoothie King, Temaki, Sundre and Melted. Additionally, CatCa$h can be used at the Learning Resources Center.
How do I get/use a guest pass for a visitor? +
What should I do if I lose my Wildcat Express Card or if it stops working? +
Where can I open a new Wells Fargo College Checking account and link my Wildcat EXPRESS Card? +
Visit any Flagstar banking location including those located nearest to campus (shown below). Wells Fargo bankers will also be on campus during peak times throughout the school year.
- 1106 University Center | 906.226.0006
- 101 West Washington Street | 906.228.1425
- 1300 North Third Street | 906.228.1270
- 2025 US Hwy 41 West | 906.228.1323
What do I need to bring to open a checking account at Flagstar? +
You will need two valid forms of identification:
- Government-issued identification card from the federal, state, tribal, local, or foreign government. Examples include: Driver’s license, state-issued ID card, passport, and military ID.
- Second identification from the above list, or a recognized business, educational institution, or government agency. Examples include: Student ID card, Social Security card, Resident Alien card, and Matricula Consular card.
- Your Social Security Number
- A $50 opening deposit
What should I do if my Wildcat EXPRESS Card is lost or stolen? +
You need to immediately notify BOTH NMU and Wells Fargo for a Wildcat EXPRESS Card that is linked to a Wells Fargo checking account. Wildcat EXPRESS Card holders without the banking option need only notify NMU.
- To notify NMU: Please call (906) 227-1686 or visit the Wildcat EXPRESS Office located at 1227 University Center.
- To notify Wells Fargo: Visit your nearest Wells Fargo banking location or contact Wells Fargo Phone Bank 24/7 at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).
The team members at The Wildcat Express Center will help you with a lot of important dining related issues.